Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sorority Row (2009)

Directed by: Stewart Hendler.
Also directed another feature film called Whisper.

Plot Summary: "Sorority Row" sees a group of sorority sisters try to cover up the death of their house-sister after a prank gone wrong, only to be stalked by a serial killer.

The Good: From my research on the director of the film it has come to my knowledge that Stewart Hendler hasn't directed many movies that have gone big. I grew up on films like this, ones that have plenty of blood, killing, and gore so ofcourse that is what instantly drew me to this kind of movie. I enjoyed the story plot, it is mysterious and does keep you hanging through-out the entire film. The whole idea of a prank gone wrong immediately made me want to keep watching it. The nudity of young college girls is at an ultimate high so I am sure it is a film that a parent wouldn't want their curious teenage boy to watch. This kind of movie does make you think of how sick and twisted the directors mind must be while writing a film like this, but fortunately I must be sick and twisted as well because the bloody scenes are what lured me further into the movie. This movie definitely did use sex as its main objective with the young beautiful actresses, the nudity and the sex. For instance, the very first scene of the movie consist of half naked college girls drunkenly dancing at a party.

The Bad: Oh, where to start. The plot was extremely predictable hence the music or the quietness that always increased right before someone was being killed. Again, the nudity, which depending who you are this could be a good or bad thing. The first half hour of the movie was a million times better than the last hour. The movie was just a little too obvious and expected, although the end is somewhat of a surprise.

Overall: I would give this movie about 2 stars. It wasn't the most awful, unbearable movie I have ever watched, but it most certainly was not the best. Without the sex appeal or the actresses that actually performed quite well, the movie probably wouldn't even have made it to the theatres. I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys low budget horror films that consist of a lot of bloody scenes and half naked sorority girls. You won't go wrong.

1 comment:

  1. I really wanted to see this because it has Jamie from Real World San Diego in it. Total hottie, and she's an Aries :-p

    ReplyDelete